Benefits of Biomass
Save on Fuel and Save the Environment
Why switch to Biomass heating?
- The fuel is renewable and sourced locally, reducing your carbon footprint
- It’s been historically cheaper than fossil fuels without the seasonal price hikes
- Ofgem strictly regulate the sustainability of wood fuel through the Biomass Suppliers List
- Low carbon emissions help to minimise global warming
- Managing woodland to generate timber fuel encourages healthier trees and woodland habitation to develop
- Clearing dense overgrown woodland and allowing light to penetrate through encourages the growth of rare native species, such as the Purple Emperor butterfly, Nightingales and the Common Dormouse
- Biomass offers resilience for our future energy needs
Reducing Carbon Emissions
Biomass heating is part of the solution in achieving the Government’s target to significantly reduce our carbon emissions by 2020. It provides an alternative solution to fossil fuels and a long-term solution to the UK’s energy needs.
The introduction of The Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme makes investment in biomass technology more financially rewarding than even Natural Gas, currently the cheapest fossil fuel for heating.
Meeting the UK’s energy requirements for the future will require a greater energy mix with less reliance on any one fuel. Providing heat and hot water with biomass at a local level is a step in this direction.
Douch Biomass supply Biomass heating throughout the South of England.
Please contact our friendly, dedicated team who will be delighted to help you.